Way back in February Google announced the new enhanced model for their Adwords platform which by the way, takes effect on July 22nd so you need to think about making the changes.
However, they’ve made another change that you might like to know about. Before we tell you about that though, we’ll quickly go through for you once more what the original enhancements were.
Changes you need to be aware of are:
- Mobile only campaigns are gone, this makes it easier for ‘novices’ to be able to use this feature. Basically all keywords that you want to run on a mobile campaign now also have to show on your normal ‘desktop’ campaign. – If you just want to run keywords that do not show on a mobile device you just need to mark the bid modifier by -100%.
- You can create different Ads within the same campaign to target users finding you on different devices.
- The New Bid Adjuster now allows you to not only adjust your bid based on the time of day but also on device type and location.
- New display ads targeting: this now allows targeting by gender, interest and age.
- Download Tracking – using download time as the conversion metric.
- Improved Sitelink reporting, you’ll now receive individual link data (rather than group) so you know which link and ad is working hard for you.
So, here are the new improvements which will be available in a couple of weeks.
This information is taken directly from the Google website (you can read the complete article here)
Ad group mobile bid adjustments
To provide more control and precision over bids in an enhanced campaign, advertisers will soon be able to set a mobile bid adjustment at the ad group level. This functionality will be available to all advertisers in mid-May. We think this may be useful if you’ve been operating large scale campaigns and found that your optimal bids for some keywords would require significantly different mobile bid adjustments within an enhanced campaign.
If you still haven’t upgraded to adwords enhanced, you’ve still got a few weeks to make those changes.
Don’t leave it too late though or you’ll find a lot of your ads will not be displayed, here’s a quick video from Google that might help.
[youtube id=”3LktTyfDIEk#!” width=”600″ height=”350″]