One question we get asked, almost daily, is how to link WordPress to all the social media platforms so that posts are published across the web. (now that’s a topic for another Blog, should you really be automating your feeds…Mmm answers on a postcard!)
So there are multi plugins for Twitter, all that do a pretty good job of getting your blog post published for you, but Facebook integration hasn’t been as good. Well thats all about to change with the new Facebook plugin.
The long awaited WordPress plugin will enable bloggers and site owners to promote their sites while encouraging social interaction. No coding or technical expertise are needed.
We’ve hopped across to the WordPress site, and pulled the following text from their page, to highlight the features of the new plugin to you, and they read:
“All of these features are easy to enable via checkboxes on the Facebook settings page.
- Post to an Author’s Facebook Timeline whenever they publish a new WordPress Post or Page.
- Mention friends and Facebook Pages. This posts to their Timelines as well as lists them on the WordPress Post or Page.
- Post all new WordPress Post or Pages to a specified Facebook Page.
- Like, send, and subscribe buttons can be enabled in a click and are fully customizable.
- Facebook Comments, including full SEO support.
- Open Graph Protocol integration.
- Recommendations bar, which allows users to click to start getting recommendations, Like content, and add what they’re reading to Timeline as they go.
Sounds pretty impressive and should help you get that all important social reputation glowing.
If you’ve got a Facebook page why not try it out (down load is here) and let us know what you think!