Every day I see lists being produced that read “50 tools for social media success” or “10 top tools you must use daily” – these lists are great, I love them…but there is a but!!
Who has the time to trial all 50? not many people I know. So I’ve decided to share with you the handful of tools that we use on a daily basis. If you want a list to try that is do-able then why not take a look at this one!
Our hit list
- Google Alerts/RSS: Old fashioned we know but still VERY usable. Type in the keywords you want to monitor and then get the results delivered to your inbox or RSS Feed. Perfect news-worthy content you can easily share with your audience
- Content Gems: Quickly find information based on your interests, receive it once a day in your inbox. Again great usable content.
- Shareist This is fast becoming my favourite (there is a small cost) for planning, producing and distributing content all from one place, based on websites you like and content you curate.
- Buffer For Scheduling when required, to Twitter.
- Hootsuite To view our Twitter lists of important people so that we can easily retweet the good stuff.
- Storify Collect all the best from Social Media and create your own story from it.
- Do Share (for Chrome) Neat tool to enable scheduling to Google+ easily
- Commun.IT – to help manage your Twitter folks and tell you who is most engaged with you
So when we are starting our social media work on any given day, these tools are always ready and waiting for us to use, but hang on I’ve missed a few the platforms themselves
(…and whatever else your social media plan relies on!)
Unlike others, here at JCK Marketing we do take the time to log into the platforms directly, all of them make it really easy to see who has interacted with you, so that you can respond and engage appropriately. Also, when you are on the platform themselves, rather than a tool that posts to the platform, your information displays so much better if you are using images.
So that’s it a usable list; that won’t take you hours to trawl through that will deliver all that you need to produce for your Social Media.
- Add one tool a day to your arsenal for the next 8 working days, you will thank me!