During the course of this week I have had half a dozen conversations about the benefits of using Google+ and why you should be using it as part of your online marketing mix. Now, we know its not the easiest platform to master, but the effort will be rewarded as Google+ will become the backbone of Google and if you are producing content then you need to make use of this Social network to get your content found.
So here are a few things that you can do to get yourself started that will start enhancing your experience with the Google+ platform.
- Build Circles, the whole of the Google+ network is built on having people in your circles, at the moment as the network grows most individuals are happy to reciprocate if you put them in your circles, if people are in your circles guess what? – if you post a blog then your content will be higher up their search results, just because of the social connection.
- Do a hangout on air, in the background Google will record it for you and will email it, all you have to do is upload it to Youtube so people can see you in action…. again a second way of getting valuable backlinks to your website.
- Use Hashtags, similar to Twitter you can use hashtags to group your content, very useful and another fantastic SEO benefit.
- Write longer posts inside Google+ itself and then link to a further resource page, fantastic for SEO….
- Use the Tag feature, like Facebook you can tag people and brands which will help with engagement.
and finally, I cannot stress this one strongly enough…. information tied to an online verified profile will be ranked higher – fact. So do yourself a favour and get your Google Authorship sorted. If you don’t know how to do this we wrote a piece last year that will help, you can find it over here.
Need help? – we can certainly get you started, give us a call and perhaps we can hangout together!