Well it is Valentines this week so we thought we would help you with some creative ideas on how to make your customers love you. After all we know that a connection with a brand is probably more emotional than rational…and isn’t that what love is…. a strong connection that can grow daily.
We just loved the ‘Lego story’ which demonstrates simply the best customer service, which if you haven’t heard about you can read here (it is worth a few minutes to go and read) Now while you may not be able to achieve this level of activity there are some really easy things you can implement.
So how can you start your customers on the ‘Love’ curve? well there are some really simple steps you can take to encourage them along,
- It’s rare these days to get something through the post a simple thank you card or anniversary gift will go a long way, if you’ve got a good system mark the dates when customers first became clients and acknowledge anniversaries. Its also an opportunity to update them on any new products or services you are offering.
- Think about a loyalty program, this is easier to do for some businesses, but get creative make your customers think they are special.
- Communicate with them when you are not trying to sell to them, send them a ‘how are you’ message to let them know you are thinking of them.
- Find out personal details about them, what are their hobbies and interests, before you pick up the phone do some research so that you can have a conversation about something they are passionate about, its all about creating that strong connection.
- Cater to their personal preferences, some people like connecting on Facebook, some prefer speaking on the phone, know how your customers like to communicate and use that medium, make it easy for them to do business with you.
- Support their business online, engage with them on Social Media and comment on their blog posts, this extra piece of effort will really show you care and take an interest.
This is simple stuff that any business can adopt to create a brand that is really loved. Go on let us know what your Love is……